When you send us a submission, you’re agreeing to our terms, so please take a few minutes to read over the agreement below.
Note: You are entering into a legally binding agreement.
1. I understand that you have adopted the policy of refusing to accept, consider or evaluate my material in the absence of my acceptance of each and all of the provisions of this agreement. It is understood that no confidential relationship is established by my submitting the material to you hereunder. I shall retain all rights to submit this or similar material to persons other than you.
2. I request that you examine said material with a view to whether said material may be appropriate for you to publish.
I understand that if I submit any content or material, you have the right to designate under which category it can be published.
If you eventually publish my article, I may provide images or pictures to be associated with the published post; however, I understand that you shall have the right to determine the final image to be featured with the published post.
3. I warrant that I am the sole owner and author of said material, that I have the exclusive right and authority to submit the same to you upon the terms and conditions stated herein, and that all of the elements of said material are summarized herein.
4. I agree that nothing contained in this agreement nor the fact of my submission of said material to you shall be deemed to place you in any different position than any member of the general public with respect to any portion of said material which does not constitute copyrightable literary property.
5. I recognize that you and your editors, officers, directors, colleagues and employees have access to and/or may create or have created literary materials which may be similar or identical to said material in theme, plot, format or other respects. I also recognize that you receive many submissions of material from third party writers like myself.
I agree that I will not be entitled to any compensation because of the use of any such similar or identical literary material which was independently created by you or any such editor, officer, director, colleague or employee or came to you from any other independent source.
I agree that there is no agreement between us, and no agreement should be implied, under which I am or shall be entitled to receive any compensation, credit or other consideration if you use an idea submitted to you by me in the form of a verbal “pitch” or in any written form.
6. I agree that if you use any copyrightable portion of the material, provided it has not been obtained from or independently created by another source, you may compensate me an amount which is comparable to the compensation normally paid for similar material by a writer or owner of my stature in the on-line publishing industry.
In no event shall I be entitled to seek injunctive or other equitable relief with respect to the development, production, distribution or other exploitation of any article, publication, motion picture or other project which is allegedly based on any material or idea submitted to you by me.
7. Either party to this agreement may assign or license to any person, firm or corporation whomsoever, its or his rights hereunder, but such assignment or license shall not relieve such party or his or its obligations hereunder. This agreement shall inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective heirs, successors, representatives, assigns, licensees and customers, and all such heirs, successors, representatives, assigns, licensees and customers shall be deemed to be third party beneficiaries under this agreement.
8. I have retained at least one copy of said material, and I hereby release you of and from any and all liability for loss of, or damage to the copies of said material submitted to you hereunder. You have no obligation to return the material(s) to me.
9. I hereby state that I have read and understand this agreement, that no oral representations of any kind have been made to me, and that this agreement stated our entire understanding with reference to the subject matter hereof. Any modification or waiver of any of the provisions of this agreement must be in writing and signed by both of us.
10. Should any provision or part of any provision be void or unenforceable, such provision or part thereof shall be deemed omitted, and this agreement with such provision or part thereof omitted shall remain in full force and effect. This agreement shall at all times be construed so as to carry out the purposes hereof.
11. Editorial Guidelines
Font and Spacing
All manuscripts should be in the following format:
Document Format: MS Word;
Font: Goudy Old Style, Font 12
Notes/ References:End notes (Not Footnotes) consecutively collated at the end of the text.
Margins: Margins of 2.5 cm at each side of the text and at the top and bottom of each page; Justified
Word Count:Monthly editions shall not be more than 2,000 words, while Website content is expected to be lesser. At most 1,500 words.
Manuscripts should be backed by adequate referencing.
Authors are responsible for checking the accuracy of all references.
THIS AGREEMENT IS DEEMED AGREED AND ACCEPTED BY THE PEOPLE’S ACCOLADE LAW MAGAZINE
This Submission Agreement was updated on February 9, 2021 to include ‘paragraph 2(c)’